How to make a perfect smoky-eye in minutes? With the right tools, good makeup, of course. Cosmo offers you a free and imaginative eye makeup course, to master perfectly the makeup technique of the smoky-eye, also called smoky eyes!
The smoky-eye? We all dream of it! How to achieve a smoky-eye easily in minutes? Contrary to appearances, it’s easy … Cosmo’s faith!
Before giving you all the secrets of the smoky-eye, here are some information, tips and tricks to master to perfection this makeup technique.
The smoky-eye, what is it?
Smoky-eye is a makeup technique that consists of creating a halo around the eye. The French synonym for this eyelid makeup is also “smoky eye”… everything is said!
What products and tools for a smoky-eye?
To make this eyelid makeup, you need:
- at least they have different eye shadows (we can mount up to 5 similar colors). In terms of color, choose black, dark brown, dark blue. Even if one can apply this makeup technique with any color!
- a flat brush to apply eye shadow on the eyelid
- a blending brush to blur, therefore, the eye shadow above the eyelid and flush with the lower lashes
- a kohl pencil (better than eyeliner because it fades better)
What makeup for a smoky-eye?
Attention: when you “wear” a smoky-eye, the complexion must be absolutely perfect!
We choose a neutral foundation that unifies the complexion. Blush is applied to the cheekbones to avoid the bad-looking effect induced by the very make-up eyes associated with the nude complexion.
On the lips, no sparkling red! We keep this rule: if we load the eyes, we discreetly make up the lips, and vice-versa. With a smoky-eye, we use a light gloss, even transparent.
Eye color and smoky-eye
Green eyes, brown eyes, blue eyes : the smoky-eye is a makeup eyelids that suits all colors and all forms of eyes.
- hazel eyes can use warm colors such as brown, black, green
- brown eyes can use warm colors also, brown, black, green
- black eyes will favor brown (black may harden the features)
- blue eyes can use warm colors and cool colors: brown, black, green but also blue and purple
- green eyes can use warm colors and cool colors: brown, black, green but also blue. Now Remember these tips in mind, go for the realization of your smoky-eye!